And If Our God is For Us

The catchy lyrics with the catchy tune with the catchy drum pattern goes:

"And if our God is for us
Then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us
Then what could stand against?"
-Words and Music by Chris Tomlin, Jesse Reeves, Jonas Myrin and Matt Redman, "Our God"

It's a rhetorical question, but I'll answer anyway - it's nothing.  Not even my ceaseless selfishness.  In Matthew 16 - Peter, the rock on whom the church would be built, rebuked Jesus for prophesying His own death by the elders, chief priests, and teachers of the law, saying "Never, Lord! This shall never happen to you!".  In response, Jesus says, "Get behind me, Satan!  You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns." Satan.  Merely human concerns.  Ouch.  But there's hope!  As I alluded to before, in Matthew 16:18, "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."

It soberly makes me reevaluate my commitment to following Jesus and the alignment of my heart with God's.  What if it means someone I love taken away?  My resolve is to beg God to give me peace with and desire for only His guidance and perfect plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shine Into Our Night - Sovereign Grace Music

"Choir" Voice of Yamaha DGX-530