Matthew 26




I have been learning so much at BSF (Bible Study Fellowship).  I am so glad that my mother urged me to enroll in it when I was feeling so lonely after summer 2013.  Leaving my women's group in San Diego was difficult, but the new BSF group I attend in Mountain View is wonderful!  The lectures every Monday are interesting, well-prepared, and filled with wisdom from Scripture and from the teaching leaders' experiences.

We have been going through the Gospel of Matthew this year, and tonight, we were going through Matthew 26

The teaching leader tonight, Terri (oh, I love her lectures), gave a mini principle: "when Christians fail, it is never final.  When Christians fall, they fall into greatness."  I can think of so many times in my life where I fail and fall hard, and God always picks me up and makes something great out of my mistakes.  And I mean always.  

Terri also asked us a question as we pondered Judas' betrayal of Jesus for a meager price (in Exodus, the amount of money Judas traded Jesus for was the amount paid for the murder of a slave) and Peter's denial: when are you tempted to stray from God? And then she relayed to us what her husband, Chuck, says:

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

And I'm just like, bingo!  Knowing where to look is the half the battle.  Fighting is the other.  Take Jesus' example:  at the end of this passage, He didn't wait for his betrayer to come for Him - He said in Matthew 22:46 to his sleeping disciples, "Rise!  Let us go!  Here comes my betrayer!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shine Into Our Night - Sovereign Grace Music

"Choir" Voice of Yamaha DGX-530

And If Our God is For Us