Being Whole

"You...gave me hope,
You made me whole..."



It sounds so cheesy (wow, that looks really good)...  I'm a girl.  And what I know from talking to a lot of my girlfriends (and to myself) that it is easy to desire someone (_usually_ a guy) who can save them from past hurt.  I mean, come on...how romantic is it to be able to say to someone say those lines?

Well, the song continues...

"You..gave me hope,
You made me whole
At the cross...

You...took my place,
You showed me grace
At the cross...
Where You died for me."

--

In my life, I can say with confidence that no guy, no amount of popularity, no amount of money, no grouping of material possessions, no measure of physical beauty has ever sustained my hope or feeling of wholeness.  Fulfilling those desires gave me volatile and unsatisfying rest from loneliness and pursuits.  I never had a purely good feeling after I was temporarily satiated by a new romance, a dinner with a friend, or a new piece of clothing, or an "investment piece."  I have felt completely at peace after I bring every dark thing to light through prayer to God, asking Him to work these evil things for good.  And I know He will, because He gives us these promises in the Bible:

"For God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him."  (John 3:17, ESV)

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28, NIV)

It's still hard for me to trust those promises 100% of the time...God is helping me work on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shine Into Our Night - Sovereign Grace Music

"Choir" Voice of Yamaha DGX-530

And If Our God is For Us