White Elephant

Ahhhh, white elephant gift exchanges.  I have neither enjoyed nor hated any white elephant I've participated in.  I participate because I think the name is beautiful.

Assuming I find desirable at least one thing...perhaps I could make the exchange enjoyable for myself through strategy to get the thing I want.  
One that worked for M. who got my awesome gift last year was a) having everyone else be drunk and b) being quiet while everyone else was loud.  
If my item is stolen, a strategy would be to pick an item which someone who has yet to go finds desirable (completely adapted from the Keynesian beauty contest).
A third strategy might be to want something nobody else wants.

Is it possible to have a strategy to get whatever befalls me?  If it is...last year, K's "strategy" for me was choosing the biggest wrapped gift.  It was a cake pop maker, and I ended up with it.  I would say that K's strategy was successful ;)

This is my wrapped gift this year (by the way, if you receive a gift from me this year, it will be wrapped in the same material as shown below, and marked with the same metallic sharpies):



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shine Into Our Night - Sovereign Grace Music

"Choir" Voice of Yamaha DGX-530

And If Our God is For Us